Welcome to Genius Administration!
Welcome to the Administrator's section of the Genius Help Knowledge Base. This section of the Knowledge Base is designed to help you get the most out of Genius as an Administrator.
As time progresses, we will add more articles to help you make the most out of your instance of Genius SIS using the advanced features included with our solution. The first batch of articles that will be available at the beginning follow a typical Genius implementation from the ground-up, allowing you to follow the process required to make a typical Genius instance fully functional and useful for your learners to begin registering in their courses.
Where to begin?
Because Genius is a complex software solution, there is a lot of ground to cover. In order to start this journey from a solid base, we highly recommend that you read the Introductory section of the Genius Admin Knowledge Base first. This section is composed of the following articles:
- How Genius is Designed to Help - how Genius is designed to help make your job as an administrator of an e-Learning initiative go easier and faster than otherwise possible, and the role that Genius can play in integrating the multiple sources of information about your learning initiative that may be present at your organization.
- Genius and your LMS - Genius is designed to integrate closely with the LMS in production at your institution or organization. in this article, we describe how that integration works. We also provide you with detailed instructions about how to integrate with the specific LMS in production at your organization.
- Classifying Users under Genius - One of the key features included with Genius is the concept of Affiliations. Affiliations allow you to classify the users at your organization through a tree-like structure that can be used to replicate, for example, the way your users report to each other at your organization. This article provides an overview of the ways in which you can classify users in Genius, and explains the many additional feature that depend on Affiliations that can help you save time once your learning initiative is moving forward.
- Terms, Courses and Sections - Terms, courses and sections in Genius are key terms that must be explained before you can get the most out of the system. This article explains what terms, courses and sections mean in Genius, and how you can use them to create and organize the learning opportunities you have made available for your learners.
- How this Knowledge Base Works - Here, we provide an overview of how this Knowledge Base works in general, providing you with an overview of how the articles we have created for you have been organized and the general 'flow' of the Administrator's Knowledge Base.
- A Glossary of Terms - In this article, we provide you with a glossary of terms that defines the "technical terms" we use at Genius. Because your organization may define things differently, this Glossary helps you map your definition to the wording we use at Genius - making it easier to navigate through our articles.
- The Genius' Administrator's Interface - Finally, in this article we provide you with an overview showing how the Genius' Administrator interface is divided and organized - helping us define a common 'language' before we begin to dive deeply into the functionality available to you as an Administrator.
Once you are up to speed...
Once you are up to speed with the introductory section of this Knowledge Base, we recommend that you use the Search tool included with our Knowledge Base to find the article you need. The next article in this Introduction to Genius series is How Genius is Designed to Help.
If you want to jump straight to the Help content, please visit How this Knowledge Base Works, where we provide a complete 'Table of Contents' for Genius SIS Administrators.