Course Approval Workflow
When a course request is submitted (either by a student or by a staff member on behalf of a student), you can view your course requests under the Reports Tab-> Course Requests.
On the report, the user will be able to filter by various fields or you can just click “Get Data” to pull all requests.
Once you see your results, you can select one or multiple requests to either approve or deny the request(s).
Once you have selected the desired course requests, the following options are available:
- Approve – Student Pay: This option will mark the request as WAITING_PAYMENT, and add a charge to the student’s ledger (If no charge is setup, the student will be automatically enrolled). Once the student (or a guardian) logs in and pays that fee, the student will be automatically enrolled in the requested course.
- Enroll – no fee: This option will mark the request as ENROLLED, and automatically enroll the student in the requested course with no fee added to the student or the affiliation ledgers.
- Enroll – School Pay: This option will mark the request as ENROLLED, and automatically enroll the student in the requested course with the fee added to the affiliation ledgers.
- Deny Selected: This option will mark the request as DENIED and will not create an enrollment or a charge.
For requests that were already approved, users can change who is paying the fee (from School to Student or vice-versa) provided the following:
- If the request is WAITING_REVIEW or DENIED, no payee changes are allowed.
- If the request is WAITING_PAYMENT and it is changed to be paid by the school, the charge is moved from the student ledger to the affiliation ledger and the student is automatically enrolled in the requested course. The course request is also updated to ENROLLED.
- If the request is ENROLLED and the payee is changed, the charge is moved from the school ledger to the student ledger (or vice-versa) however the student is kept enrolled in the course.